Friday, May 15, 2009

From that to this

I've been playing, dyeing fabric. The trouble is when I do this I forget to protect my clothes. If I'm wearing something 'good' I will take it off; but I've got dye on my dressing gown - only on one sleeve. I did use a swing-bin liner with handles as an apron a little while ago but think I need something with sleeves in as well :-/ Perhaps I'd better make something!!

I want to make some of these purses so decided to dye some fabric myself. I used Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow to dye the fabric whish is great as you just use it straight from the bottle. It works on natural and synthetic fabrics which is another plus. I then used a Markel Artist's Paintstick (which is oil paint in stick form) for the flower design. I used a piece of wallpaper with a raised flower design which I placed under the fabric and rubbed the paintstick gently over the top - I'm loving these paintsticks at the moment. I also used my Swiss Dots embossing folder for the little dots on the fabric - again just placing it under the fabric and rubbing the paintstick over, how great is that ;) The original fabric is more creamy than it looks here x




2 comments:

craftytrog said...

Wow! It looks fabulous! x

Wilma said...

I love it Anna - gorgeous colours -you just gotta get messy for your art:):)x