Sunday, April 18, 2010

BIA book - another page

I've done another page for my BIA book (mentioned in a previous post).  I did have one which I'd inked and stuck part of a page from a book onto it, but have temporarily mislaid it :-/  I've spent quite a few hours gardening today but managed to do the page this morning.  I've used DIs then sprayed over a stencil with a homemade mica powder spray and did a bit of stamping.  I used Grungepaper for the heart then decided to triple emboss it and stamp into it - I mention this 'cos I could've used card for the heart.  I did some stitching down the side using my sewing machine so decided to stitch the heart on.  The pieces of shell are from an old necklace.  I added a piece of sinamay - used in hat making -  and a few beads.  For info: sinamay can be wetted (?) and shaped and left to dry :)
xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anne
I meant to ask you the last time what is a BIA book?
I love this page especially the heart, very arty.
When I come over here you make me want to go and play I havent done anything like this in ages.
Very inspiring.
Christine x

Helen said...

Looks fab, love the heart.

patcrafts said...

Love this page Anne, the colours are really good and the heart is fab.
Pat xx

Unknown said...

this is very arty Anne and will look great with the other pages.

Paula x x x

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous Anne. Awesome background. Just catching up with your blog. The school hols have got the better of me & not muching crafting is getting done at the mo!
Well Done on completing your gorgeous felt UFO.... daren't tell you how many cross stich pics I have on the go!!!
I'd love to have a go at making felt sometime. Love the colours you have made. :)
Oooh your silver tag is FAB.xx
Loved your blog comment re; bun cases... is there another name for them! ~blushes~ That's what we call them in Lanky. :D
Hugs, Gez.xx

Cardarian said...

Hiya Anne!
Love your artsy work! I looked up the BIA now I know what it is!
Hugs
Cardarian

Spyder said...

Anne this is very arty!! Love it!
((Lyn))