Friday, August 13, 2010

Woohoo, new toy from Lidl






I popped into Lidl whilst out this afternoon - I like to see if there's anything I can use for craft.  I bought a woodburning tool for £8.99 - it was too good a bargain, for me anyway especially as I'd been wanting something like this.  It says it's for use on leather, wood and cork; but some manufacturers don't know us crafters LOL.  I've used it here on Grungeboard, but also tried it on wood, cotton fabric, paper and card; it works on them all.  If you get one but have never used one before and maybe try cutting out stencils from plastic milk bottles for example - I only mention the milk bottles as a way of recycling ;-)  you can clean it with steel wool.  Obviously being cheap it may not be as robust as a more expensive one but I think I'll get my money's worth out of it.
xx
Edited The bottom pic shows the fancy tips stamped onto Grungeboard, as you can see there are 7 of them and there are 7 writing/drawing tips

15 comments:

Unknown said...

A very lovely new toy it is too :0)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh! Did you design those stencils? I am in total awe. I bought one awhile back, but it doesn't have all the fancy attachments yours has. I intend to use it to burn synthetic fabric, like old polyester scarves and such. I take it the stand came with it? If so, that's a great buy.

I was correcting the photo problem about the same time you were at my blog. They are all now showing. Blogger must be mad at me for taxing it yesterday and Wednesday.

patcrafts said...

What a useful toy and how about that Lidl must go and have a look.
Pat xx

Linby said...

LIDL well I never-enjoy your bargain.
Linbyx

Linby said...

Hi again Anne-not posted this week, don't know where the time has gone. Feel a bit off today-don't know if it is the weather it is so cold.
Did you notice on that post my commentator is back-read the one on the magnolia post!!!
Linbyx

cheryl said...

oh gosh,hun what a find,may have to pop over to our store too see if they have them,hugs cheryl xxxx

Lizzybobs said...

OMW I am off there in the morning to see if ours has one love what you have done by the way fab results already hun. I will sort out in a couple of weeks how we can get in touch am playing away for a couple of weeks so don't miss me too much while I am away. I am taking my lappy so hope to be able to get wifi where I am going lol and thanks for the info hunxxx ;O0

Claire said...

My mum is going to pick one of those up for me ... if they still have any left, loving your desk & art journal pages on the post below
C
xx

Micki said...

How cool is that! I am sure that you will use it a lot.
Micki

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey dear, I got your message from my blog, but I can't access my e-mail account that you are sending to. I have my alternate e-mail address now posted in my profile. Sorry I didn't write to let you know sooner. I'll be on the lookout for it. And thanks in advance.

Darcy Marshall said...

oooo burny,burny. I have a soldering iron for burning fabric, It works great if you free machine onto several coloured layers of sheer fabric and then burn thru various layers to reveal the colours beneath.x

Anonymous said...

SEO
vry handy, thanbx a lot for this article ........ This is what I was looking for.

Angie said...

Have to say that you look amazing in your new profile picture ...takes years off you.

What a fun tool ...and I was in Lydl today too ...buying cheap fruit and veg though lol xx

ikki said...

Very interesting - look forward to seeing more....ikki x

Chrissie said...

This is brilliant!
Chrissie