Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Christmas Prezzy and other stuff

Firstly I'd like to thank Royal Mail - posted my sis's doll (see prev post) about 4pm Friday and she received it Saturday; so well done RM!  About the doll my sis said "it's brill"  :-)
I've made my big sis a glasses/specs case.  Put pieces of different coloured organza onto a felt base then covered with an off-white piece of organza and did free motion embroidery all over.  Is it a right handed thing? I don't know but  I think the curved corner should be on the right-hand side; which was the intention but then the flower was intended to be at the bottom :-/  Didn't think about it when I was cutting the corner - dozy me!  The reason for the satin-stitched edge is that the whole thing would've been too thick to do a seam on the inside.  The flower is also organza and cut using a Sizzix Bigz daisy die.

I bought some Scotch Magic Tape some time ago to see if you could stamp onto it and you can.   But here I've used it to transfer some images and colour from a catalogue; though the text is actually from a book page which was very thin so the paper adhered to the tape but I just wet the paper and rubbed it off.  I've just done random pieces and like the effect.  Anyway thought this would make a really good substitute for Washi Tape and Tissue Tape - you can do your own patterns ;-)

12 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

The doll IS brill! So glad you got it posted, my mind's abit lighter now too! I love the washi tape idea Anne, you genius you, am put off it because I'm too tight, but this is a gift!

craftytrog said...

Love your tissue tape alternative Anne, & the glasses case is beautiful! x

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely stuff. What a fab idea it is making the tape yourself. I had thought of stamping onto tissue paper strips then gluing it on but the Scotch tape works even better.The Washi tape are so expensive to buy, so thanks for the idea.
I adore Margi's doll too.
jo x

Linby said...

Good idea to use the magi tape Anne. I like the glasses case-lovely design.
Linbyx

kayc said...

Just love the glasses case. Take care. Kathleen x

flutterbycrafter said...

Beautiful glasses case and what a brilliant idea about the magic tape, will try that one.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am always impressed when I see something made from tape and I love how you used the Scotch tape to your advantage. Way to go.

Kathleen said...

Glad Royal Mail came up trumps and that your Sister liked the doll.
No idea what you are talking about with the tape but maybe you can enlighten me on Thursday. Thanks for your comments.
Kath x

patcrafts said...

Specs case looking good like the scattered beads.
Found I already have Magic tape had it years and didn't know and of course never used it but I will now. xx

Ann said...

Love the glasses case Anne &your idea for the tape is brilliant!! xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey dear,

You have won one of my house collages. Please send me your mailing info and I will get it out to you by this weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi Anne dont knoz how I missed this love the case its a beautiful colour.
Chris x