Monday, February 6, 2012

366 Journal, other stuff and £100 refund ;-)

Firstly apologies to those who left comments on my last post.  I haven't tried to leave comments in the last couple of weeks but you may remember I couldn't on most blogs.  I'm hoping I can now if not I'm going to try installing Firefox to see if it makes a difference.
Onto the 366 Journal.  I wasn't really happy with the borders I did on January's but didn't get round to trying to take them off and do something different.  February's pages were ready on time but I only photograped them  couple of days ago.  To see more pop over to Kate's.







For the doll group - now the craftydollybirds - we had a challenge to do a Bridal Panel use any theme we liked.  I chose Gothic.  If you want to see the rest pop over to our blog
I made myself a Kindle cover, thought I'd show the inside as well.  I did consider just doing a kind of bag to just slip it in.  If you want to see how this fabric started out look here :-0 May 2009!!!




Lastly; I purchased a laptop from Dell before Christmas.  I'd phoned up as I was having problems with the DVD drive onmy Dell PC and ended up buying a new laptop.  I had been considering it as my PC was about 5 years old and getting very slow plus the problem with the DVD drive.  I was told I was getting a good deal as Dell were doing an offer for Christmas.  I was happy with the price but wondered what price it was on the website.  I couldn't find the same one but found one I thought had a better spec and was cheaper.  Anyway to cut a long story short I wanted Dell to compare the 2 and explain to me the difference.  I emailed them 3 times in all starting 6th January each time receiving an email to say someone would contact me.  I also phoned but think I was talking to someone in India and he didn't have access to the emails I asked if he couldn't get access somehow.  He got frustrated when I insisted that he should be able to as it was all customer services and I didn't want to be put through to someone else as I was paying for the phone call and he put the phone down on me!  Disgraceful behaviour from Customer Services.  After the last email someone did phone and when I explained the situation but said I didn't now have the detailsof the laptop I compared mine to but that I'd put it in the first email.  The outcome was he offered me £100 refund, yahoo!  I think that was mainly 'cos I'd sent 3 emails and phoned without any success.  Anyway good for me in the end :-)
Edited as I'd left the 2nd pick of the Kindle cover out and didn't do the link to the fabric correctly

14 comments:

patcrafts said...

Stunning work especially the Goth bride and the kindle cover.
Art calendar pages look good, nothing wrong with the january border, you are too self critical ha ha. xx

patcrafts said...

Forgot to say I love the new look blog.xx

Unknown said...

Love the new look on the blog and the dolly is brilliant in blk, everytime I see your pages I want to do them but never get round to it, maybe one of these days, well done on the laptop.
Chris x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great pages Anne - I love those January colours, but especially love your doll. Hope you haven't got too much snow. Chrisx

Kathleen said...

I agree with Pat and the Goth doll I think was what you were working on at the last meeting, nice to see the finished object. It's really great.
Don't you get sick of, well best not say anymore.

Kath x

Jill said...

Looks like you're on a roll here with great calendar pages, terrific doll and a kindle cover made with your own fabric. Lovely stuff.

JoZart Designs said...

You#ve made some stunning stuff there Anne and it's good to hear from you again. Thanks for your visit and will be in touch again soon.
Jo form Germany this week! xxx

Spyder said...

Hi stranger! Hope you are well, bloggers a pain, I can't always leave comments, they are there and then they go or the box never open, its a pain! Love what you've been up to, sooo busy! Not much crafting over in my dusty corner for a while, hoping to get back to normal very soon! I do miss those googly eyes!
(Lyn)
spated is the word code...just how I feel!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hi Anne, tried to send you an e- mail - will try again with different server. I am going to Event city tomorrow.
Chrisx

thekathrynwheel said...

Your calendar pages look great, I'm so glad you are still in the challenge yay! Really lovely background for Feb and great colours too. Sorry it took me a while to get round to visiting but there were so many entries this month! Well done for keeping up so far this year. Kate x

Ann said...

Hi Anne!! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, so great to hear from you again, I'm recovering well from my knee op, thanks :D
I absolutely love your journal pages & the kindle cover is just beautiful, you really are very clever! Thanks for sharing, Take care & Hugs
Ann xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Annie
I was thinking of you today and wondering how you are doing and, lo and behold, before I could check you out there you pop up on my blog!!!
Thanks for your comments and if you want the pattern for the scarves, it's so easy! I have written it for both knit and crochet...so just shout!
Love your kindle cover... Dave loves his and it's so good to carry everywhere. He still reads the odd book though. Love you goth doll too and I'm off to peruse your doll group right now.
Take care and nice to hear from you.
Jo x

kayc said...

Love your calendar. Thankyou for your comments on my blog. Nice to hear from you. Take care. Kathleen x

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun you always create such beautiful things and honest Hun these pages are just stunning,take care sweetie hugs Cherylx