Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Simon Says...................

I've never entered this challenge before, but I'd been watching a Christy Tomlinson tutorial where she'd used texture paste; which is something I love to use; so when I saw that the SimonSays challenge this week was to 'stamp and show texture' I was inspired to have a go.  I've added texture with the use of texture paste and also by using corrugated card.  I don't know how much stamping you have to do but I've just added a little using a 'zigzag stitch' stamp on all four edges and stamped over the flower and torn corrugated card at the bottom with a 'bubbles' stamp.  I didn't want the stamping to show too much so used a blue Distress Ink.  I've used Basic Grey paper on the background and daubed a little peach and blue paint in.
I've not been able to crop it properly as I was using MS Officed Starter 2010 to do that but it's stopped working.
(Canvas, but it's a flat one)

8 comments:

Linby said...

It's great Anne, love the muted colours. I bought some texture paste after using it in a workshop in January and I haven't opened it yet!
Linbyx

patcrafts said...

This is really good Anne, I love everything about it, so many layers and so much texture, good luck with it. xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Anne luv all the texture and a gorgeous design with just the single flower.
Chris x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is truly a lovely card. I am a big fan of corrugated cardboard and I'm going to check out Christy's tutorial.

BTW, I have you to thank for my day out and about. After checking the internet about Miros at WSU, I found a sculpture in a town not far from here and went to photograph it today. You were an inspiration and didn't even KNOW it.

Karin said...

love it, beautiful soft colors!

Candy C said...

Anne, welcome to Simon Says Stamp and Show! Thank you for entering out challenge! :) Your card is wonderful! I love the texture you've created with the corrugated paper and the molding paste! Christy Tomlinson is such a gifted artist! Your Basic Grey background paper really works well. I love the added touches of blue and peach paint, too! Your flower is really cute! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Peachy Magoo said...

Nice one lady looks fab and fits in nicely with the challenege

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous texture. Kim