At the doll group (or rather Craftydollybirds group) last Sunday some of us started to make a bird out of a lightbulb! This was a project by Christine Lehto in 'Cloth Paper Scissors' - March/April 2012. Who would look at a lightbulb and think 'that would make a fabulous body for a bird'? - well obviously Christine did and I'm so glad she did as I love my little chap. Christine used paperclay to cover the lightbulb after attaching wings and tail; I've used an airdrying clay called DAS as you can see in one pic. I bought mine at 'The Works' (but I seem to remember from reading comments somewhere in Blogland that this isn't a countrywide company). The project suggests using acrylic paints for the bird but I decided to decoupage mine - the papers are from Decopatch. I keep thinking you could use paper napkins as Decopatch papers are a little expensive but I've never seen some of the lovely designs they do in napkins plus the printed side of the papers is coated which I think gives a little bit of strength when wet. He's 53/4"
I asked for and received a lovely 'dumfling' from Jo so thought I'd make her one of my birds as a thank you.
I belong to a small but select craft group, hehe, that meets once a month in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. We sometimes have challenges and for this month it was to make something 'red, white and blue' because of the queen's Jubilee. I made a little felt bird.