Saturday, January 15, 2011
Now onto awards. I've been very remiss as the delightful Lyn, aka Spyder, gave me an award - One Lovely Blog - quite some time ago (November actually) but I'm only now just acknowledging it - publicly anyway 'cos I have already thanked Lyn for this; however I don't feel toooo bad as Lyn herself confessed to being rubbish when it comes to awards. With this particular award I'm supposed to pass it on to "15x2" according to Lyn which seems a bit strange but who am I to question that! Not sure I'll have 30 people to pass it on to :-/ But I'll come back to that.
The other one is from the equally delightful Donna, aka Doings of Doone - Stylish Blogger Award. This one is to be passed onto 4 others and I have to list 8 things about myself that you do not know. Not sure I have 8 interesting things you may like to hear but I'll try
8 things about me.
1. I've just taken up the clarinet (had a few lessons about 10 years ago but for less than a year)
2. I taught line dancing for 4 years
3. I also taught keep fit for a short time
4. This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4GuqnXIn60 is one of my all time fave songs I absolutely love it. (this version as opposed to The Cranberries version) If you listen it may tell you a bit more about the real me; do you think? I especially love the instrumental bit after the first few bars of lyrics.
5. I'm leaving my body to medical science - to the University of Liverpool to be exact (apparently there's a shortage of cadavres for doctors to practice on)
6. I used to have a little kind of 'pendant' on the end of my uvula (the dangly bit at the back of the throat) but it disappeared after a visit to the dentist some years ago - must have had an extremely strong suction thingy. It was only attached by a very thin piece of 'membrane'? so didn't bleed or anything. THIS IT TRUE!
7. My first crush was Pernell Roberts from Bonanza http://ponderosascenery.homestead.com/files/castbios/adam.html
8. I've never been first in anything in my life (though I was nearly the first person to get 100% in a first aid course when I was a Civil Servant, but nearly is not good enough! Think I got about 97% or summat like that)