Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sunday Stampers Week 137 - How Does it Feel

This is my entry for the Sunday Stampers - pop over to Hels place for more info.  This week's theme is 'Texture' or 'Feelings' or both.  As is my wont I have used gel medium again with stencils for texture.  The central image was made using a brass stencil.  I tried stamping the sentiment 3 times on the canvas without success so stamped onto tissue paper.  After painting with acrylic paints I felt the paints looked dull so added 2 coats of Mod Podge gloss and a little mica powder over the stencilled areas to add a sheen :-)

10 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Wow its beautiful, love the fish! Hope you are well this week? I am going to do that too as I keep being left stupid messages and adverts,they are such a pain lol ! xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Anne
You do these so well love the colours and the little fishy's, beautiful.
Chris x

Zue said...

Lovely texture and it is about the sea too. We must be thinking on the same lines.

Best wishes.
Sue xx

patcrafts said...

Gorgeous canvas, the colours are wonderful and there's certainly lots of texture there. Love the fish.
Pat xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Fabulous texture and the colours are stunning, once again another beautiful piece of work. xx

JoZart Designs said...

I love your textured fishes and especially the way you've lifted the whole piece with colour.
Jo x

cheryl said...

wow hun this is amazing what a great effect hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Angie said...

What an amazing effect ....love it.
Happy New Year by the way ...sorry its a bit late xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This piece is gorgeous. I must come back to visit when I have more time, because this is stunning. Suffice it to say, my time is not my own. More tomorrow.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art and LOVe all those textures you have there hun..t hanks for joining in with the SUnday Stamper x