Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"ALTERED" chipboard book cover

Yes I've "altered" a chipboard book cover - the 'altered' bit is for Julia's benefit, she'll understand ;) I bought some chipboard covers ages ago from Ideal World.  They were meant to be used just as one half of a flower but I wasn't happy using that as a shape - if I ever get round to putting some piccies in.  So have joined 2 pieces, coloured it with DI and mica powders.  For the raised bits I used 'Golden' gel medium with a stencil.  I've added Grungepaper flowers and leaves and a butterfly - just card.  I think now I should have left a longer tail of string at the top and threaded a few more beads on.  I used some lovely Anna Griffin clear flourish stamps; bought on last Craft Day :)
xx

10 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! and your flower embellies are beautiful!

Annie said...

That is just so pretty Anne. I love the colours you've used.
A x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
maddy hill said...

oh wow anne thats stunning ! look at the gorgeous colours and shimmer ! love the flowers !
maddyx

Unknown said...

Hi Anne
This is stunning love the colour and all the embellishments, beautiful flowers, see you in the morning at WOYWW.
Christine x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Anne that's gorgeous. What a suprememly clever alterer you are. Can you alter my attitude too please?!!

Linby said...

this is so lovely, all my fave hues.
Linbyx

Unknown said...

Anne - this is so lovely - I love the flowers and the colours you've used. Stunning!

Paula x x x

Susie Sugar said...

Oh Anne thats a beauty darling
I love it xx

Tracey said...

Stunning Anne love the flutterby and those flowers are gorgeous.
x